Show us why you’ll make a great exchange student and get the chance to receive a scholarship worth $1,000.00!
Send us a video that shows off your creativity, your ambition and your passion for cultural exchange, and let’s take your next step together.
How it works
Step 1: Begin your high school exchange application process
Step 2: Complete an introductory interview
Step 3: Receive your booking number and confirm your spot in the programme
Step 4: Submit your motivational video by December 31st, 2019
Your motivational video should address the following:
- Why do you want to go on a high school exchange?
- Why did you choose STS?
- Why do you want to go to your chosen destination?
- Why should you be chosen as a scholarship recipient?
The video doesn’t need to be too fancy or complicated. Just make sure to highlight your creativity, your enthusiasm and your motivation to achieve great things on your exchange.
The video must be in English, maximum 3 minutes long, and do not include music unless you’re sure you’re complying with copyright laws.
How to submit your video
- Start your high school exchange application
- Complete application interview and receive your booking number
- Send your Scholarship Application Video to [email protected]. Make sure to:
- Use the Subject Line: HS Video Scholarship
- Attach your video to the email
- Include your booking number
- Attach a signed Media Consent Form
Is the video file too big? Use WeTransfer
The scholarships will be awarded based on the interviews, videos and academic achievements. The combination of these three factors will help us determine which candidates will perform best on a high school exchange.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is curious, creative and passionate about cultural exchange
- Embodies our core values (passion, respect and expertise)
- Shows promising academic results
- Can communicate their experiences in interesting ways through video
Winning submissions should:
- Provide good answers to the above questions (in the Your Video section)
- Be creative and demonstrate good video skills
- Illustrate the reasons why you would make a good exchange student
- Demonstrate STS’s core values:
- Passion (Do you have the drive to become a world citizen?)
- Respect (Do you have a genuine interest in cultural exchange and understanding other cultures as well as being an ambassador for your own country?)
- Expertise (Do you have promising academic results?)
Winners and prizes
The best applications will receive scholarships in the form of discounts on their programme fee. There will be one scholarship worth $1,000.00 and 3 smaller scholarships worth $500.00.
In return, scholarship holders will share regular videos and update letters detailing their experiences, as well as do a one-week Instagram takeover.
The small print
- You must submit a Media Consent Form along with your video to allow STS to use your video(s) for marketing purposes.
- Disclaimer: you are only eligible for the scholarship if you get accepted to the high school exchange programme.