Information on this page will only be available in English
Updated July 30
The situation continues to change as the world aims to curb the spread of COVID-19. We’re following advice from government advisories and remain in touch with all our partners to keep you up to date and well informed.
We will be sure to notify you if your programme needs to be modified or suspended because of developing governmental travel restrictions. We will always act with our students’ and their families’ best interests at heart.
At STS, we remain positive about the future, and we hope you do too. Throughout our 62 years of experience in youth travel, we’ve continued to perfect our itineraries and we will do our outmost to make sure that as many students as possible will get a safe and wonderful experience.
Unfortunately, due to travel restrictions in the EU and around the world, we have not been able to offer Group Language Travel in June and July.
In these weeks same schools are reopening around Europe, please check with STS office for more details about destinations and opening dates.
The safety of our students remain our highest priority, all our partner schools follow local protocols for staff or student showing COVID-19 symptoms.
All schools are provided with hand sanitisers, regular cleaning in common areas, floor markings throughout the schools give clear guidance on social distancing measurements. Class sizes will be kept to an average of 10 students.
If you don’t feel comfortable travelling this summer and you booked a Language Travel you will receive an STS voucher that can be used for any STS program.
For the time being, our high school departures in the fall are planned to go ahead as scheduled, but if anything changes we’ll be sure to let you know and do absolutely everything in our power to adapt to the new situation and ensure that your trip moves forward in the best way possible.
Fortunately, high school departure dates can be quite flexible. For example, if you can’t travel in August, we can postpone your departure and still get you to your new home in time to start your programme. Our Pre-Departure Orientations are now underway, and of course we’ll address all your questions regarding possible travel restrictions and their effects on your trip. If you have any specific questions before that, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Since it’s still not a good idea to gather in large groups, we have decided not to hold our usual Welcome Camps to get your exchange started this year. This is for your own safety, as well as that of your host families and communities. Instead, where possible, we will hold a year-end camp at the end of your exchange. It will be a similar gathering with other international students in your host country, where you’ll get the chance to explore the big city and see the sights and take part in workshops that will prepare you for the return home. Please keep in mind that the possibility to attend the camp depends on when you’re due to return home.
If there are travel restrictions in place at the time of your departure that prevent you from travelling, we will first try to reschedule your trip to another destination or a later date. If that’s not possible, we will refund the program fee always in accordance with the applicable laws in your country.