Information about cookies on www.sts-education.com
When you visit our website, cookies are placed on your browser for the following purposes:
- to remember which language setting you prefer
- to make the website work
If you consent, cookies are also placed on your browser for the following purposes:
- to analyse how you use our website
- to provide relevant offers and marketing to you
Who to contact?
Address: 9 Quarry Court, Cromwell, New Zealand
E-mail address: email@example.com
Phone number: 0800 991 991
You can also contact your supervisory authority with any questions about cookies. In New Zealand the relevant supervisory authority is The Privacy Commissioner’s Office.
How to avoid cookies
When you visit our website, we will automatically place certain cookies that are only stored during your visit to our website (so called “session cookies”). Besides session cookies we also place more persistent cookies which are stored on your browser for a longer period of time.
If you do not want to accept cookies your browser can be set in a way to automatically avoid cookies. This can however mean that our website does not function properly.
Through the browser, you can also check which persistent cookies that have been placed on your browser and delete them. See the browser's help pages or www.account.microsoft.com for more information.
Cookies placed on your browser based on your consent
The cookies we place to analyse the use of our website and to show you relevant offers and marketing are not strictly essential for providing the website and its functionality to you, which is why we only place these cookies on your browser if you consent to us doing so. You can withdraw such consent at any time by changing your Cookie settings.
If you choose to not allow cookies or if you have set your browser to automatically deny the placement of these cookies, we will receive less information to analyse the use of our website and we will not be able to show you offers and marketing that have been adapted to you.
To analyse how you use our website
- To analyse how you use our website we place cookies from Google and Hotjar on your browser.
The cookies that Google places will gather information such as your IP-address and your geographical location (only on an aggregate level and not exact address) and information regarding how you use our website, e.g. what you click on. We will also see compiled statistics about e.g. how many visitors we have to our website.
Hotjar´s cookie will gather information about your IP-address and how you use our website, e.g. information about your movements on the website.
Google and Hotjar will also use the gathered information for their own purposes and inform you about how they use your information.
- To receive information about the efficiency of our marketing we place a cookie which generates statistical information about how you use our website.
The cookie places a unique ID on your browser which enables us to know which banner you clicked on to reach our website and how you thereafter interact with us.
To show you relevant offers and marketing
- To show you relevant and interesting offers and marketing when you use other websites like Google as well as on your Facebook and Snapchat account we place cookies from Google, Facebook and Snapchat.
This means that you will see search results and banners from STS when you use other websites based on your previous use of our website as well as what Google, Facebook and Snapchat know about you. You will for example see advertisements from us which we believe is relevant for you based on your age.
Technically, the above is done by placing a unique ID on your browser to recognise your movements on different websites.
Google, Facebook and Snapchat will also use the collected information for their own purposes and they will also inform you about how they use your information.
Essential cookies placed on your browser
The cookies described below are essential to provide an online service at your request, i.e. they are necessary for the functionality of our website and for us to remember your choices. The cookies will be placed on your browser when you use our website.
If you have set your browser to automatically deny the placement of these cookies, the website will not function as intended. This also means that you limit our possibility to remember which language setting for the website that you prefer to use.
To remember your choices
- To remember which language setting you prefer to use for the website we place a cookie on your browser which stores information about what language you choose when first visiting our website.
For the functionality of our website
- To technically make our website work we place cookies on your browser. These cookies enable us to e.g. identify the actions made by your browser and keep track of your session by creating a random ID for your browser.
To make sure that our website works as well as it can we place cookies from Microsoft on your browser, e.g. to enable us to distribute traffic over several servers.
Microsoft will also use the collected information for its own purposes and Microsoft will inform you about how it makes use of the information.
- To technically provide our chat function on the website to you and to make sure that the chat on the website and the chat in Facebook messenger works as intended, we place cookies from Facebook on your browser.
The cookies are used to identify your browser which enables us to remember ongoing and previous chats as well as to know from where you are visiting the website.
Facebook will also use the gathered information for its own purposes and Facebook will inform you about how it makes use of the information.
- To technically make online payments work on our Checkout page we place cookies from Stripe on your browser. These cookies are used to ensure that the site works properly, detect and prevent fraud, and understand how people interact with Stripe. There are some cookies that are essential for Stripe to function properly.
Stripe will also use the gathered information for its own purposes and Stripe will inform you about how it makes use of the information.