A high school exchange year is filled with unforgettable experiences, which you will soon realize. You will experience many wonderful moments that will become lifelong memories.
When you travel with STS, you have access to all the knowledge of our incredibly competent high school experts, as well as guidance that will make your stay abroad the best it can possibly be.
All of this is included with STS
- Interview, meetings, and materials to prepare you and your parents for your year abroad.
- STS Welcome Camp is always included when you go on a high school year abroad with a departure in the fall.
- Round-trip train or air travel to the host country. (Including any flight taxes)
- STS backpack.
- A local staff or the host family will meet you at the airport upon your arrival.
- Placement in a host family with full room and board.
- STS’ area representatives, regional office and headquarters are available throughout the program.
- 24-hour phone service. You can always reach us.
- Information meetings during the academic year, with area representatives and other exchange students.
- Certificate after completing your year abroad or academic year.
There are also a few things that you can choose to add on as extra options and some additional costs in conjunction with your year abroad. Additional costs include:
- Medical exams
- Vaccines if needed
- Visa if needed and related fees
- Cancellation insurance
- Pocket money
- Hygiene product costs
- Any fees for travel and other activities in the host country
- School uniform if required at your school
- School lunch
- Public transport/school bus
- Any currency surcharge
- There may be additional costs if a special diet is needed