Travel Alerts

    Information on this page will only be available in English
    Updated August 6

    The situation continues to change as the world aims to curb the spread of COVID-19. We are following advice from government advisories and remain in touch with all our partners to keep you up to date and well informed.

    We will be sure to notify you if your programme needs to be modified or suspended because of developing governmental travel restrictions. We will always act with our students’ and their families’ best interests at heart.

    At STS, we remain positive about the future, and we hope you do too. Throughout our 62 years of experience in youth travel, we have continued to perfect our itineraries and we will do our outmost to make sure that as many students as possible will get a safe and wonderful experience.

    Information for High School students

    We are thrilled to report that our first students have already arrived in their new countries, with many more soon on their way! For the time being, our high school departures this August are planned to go ahead as scheduled, with the exception of students departing from New Zealand. Due to New Zealand Government restrictions, students from New Zealand can not depart this August.

    Welcome Camps

    Since it is still not a good idea to gather in large groups, we have decided not to hold our usual Welcome Camps to get your exchange started this year. This is for your own safety, as well as that of your host families and communities. Instead, where possible, we will hold a year-end camp at the end of your exchange. It will be a similar gathering with other international students in your host country, where you’ll get the chance to explore the big city, see the sights and take part in workshops that will prepare you for your return home. Please keep in mind that the possibility to attend the camp depends on when you are due to return home.

    What happens if I am unable to travel because of the Coronavirus?

    If there are travel restrictions in place at the time of your departure that prevent you from travelling, we will first try to reschedule your trip to another destination or a later date. If that’s not possible, we will refund the programme fee always in accordance with the applicable laws in your country.